Sublimation paper is an essential part of the sublimation process, as it is used to transfer images onto substrates such as tumblers, mugs, and garments. When selecting the size of sublimation paper for a 20 oz tumbler, it is important to select the correct size to ensure a perfect transfer. The recommended size for a 20 oz tumbler is 11” x 17”. This size provides enough coverage to ensure a full wrap of the tumbler, while still leaving room for trimming or alignment. Additionally, this size is ideal for use with a standard 11” x 17” sublimation printer.
Complete Method to Use Sublimation Paper for 20 oz Tumbler
1. Preheat your sublimation printer.
2. Load your sublimation paper onto your printer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Print the image that you want to transfer onto the tumbler onto the sublimation paper.
4. Cut the printed image to the size of the tumbler.
5. Place the printed image onto the tumbler and align it as desired.
6. Place a silicone mat or a protective cloth onto your heat press.
7. Place the tumbler with the printed image onto the heat press.
8. Close the heat press and preheat it to 400°F (204°C).
9. Set the timer to 10 minutes and press the tumbler.
10. Carefully remove the tumbler from the heat press and let it cool down.
11. Peel off the paper to reveal the finished design.
Beware of the Things While Using Sublimation Paper for 20 oz Tumbler
- Make sure to use a high-quality sublimation paper. Low-quality papers can cause poor image quality and color fading.
- Make sure to use the correct settings when printing. Sublimation paper requires a specific temperature and pressure when printing.
- Do not over-expose the image to the heat press. Too much heat can cause the image to become distorted.
- Do not use a low-quality transfer tape. Low-quality transfer tape can cause the ink to smudge or peel off.
- Do not press too hard on the tumbler with the heat press. Too much pressure can cause the ink to smudge or fade.
- Do not use a regular inkjet printer for sublimation. Inkjet printers are not compatible with sublimation paper and will result in poor image quality.
- Do not use a laser printer for sublimation. Laser printers are not compatible with sublimation paper and will result in poor image quality.
- Make sure to use a sublimation compatible tumbler. Not all tumblers are compatible with sublimation.
- Make sure to use the correct pressure when pressing the tumbler. Too little pressure can cause the ink to smudge or fade.
- Do not use a heat press that is too hot. Too much heat can cause the ink to smudge or fade.
When printing on a 20 oz tumbler, it is best to use sublimation paper that is sized to 8.5″ x 11″. This size of paper will allow for optimal coverage and a seamless transition from the transfer paper to the tumbler. Additionally, this size of paper is designed to fit most home and commercial printers, so it can be easily acquired and used.
What size sublimation paper should I use for a 20 oz tumbler?
You should use 8.5” x 11” sublimation paper for a 20 oz tumbler.
Can I use a smaller size paper for a 20 oz tumbler?
No, it is not recommended to use a smaller size paper for a 20 oz tumbler as the image may not be able to be transferred correctly.
What type of sublimation paper should I use for a 20 oz tumbler?
You should use a high-quality sublimation paper that is suitable for mug and tumbler sublimation.
What size template use for 20 oz skinny tumbler?
The pattern for the 20 oz slender straight edged tumbler should be 9.3 inches wide by 8.2 inches high. Measure the diameter and height of a tumbler blank if it is a different size.
What paper do you use for sublimation on tumblers?
PYD Life Sublimation Paper 8.2 x 11.5 Inch A4 Size,100 Sheets, Sublimation Blank Heat Transfer Paper Mugs Tumblers Bottles of Water Bags for T-shirts Use 125 g Sublimation Ink.