Sublimation ink is a great way to add colorful and vibrant designs to tumblers and other items. However, if you’re not careful, the ink can sometimes transfer to the wrong areas. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to easily remove sublimation ink from a tumbler. The first step is to use rubbing alcohol to remove the ink.
Simply apply the rubbing alcohol directly to a cloth and then gently rub it over the affected area. You may need to repeat the process a few times to get the best results. If this doesn’t work, you can also try using a specialized sublimation ink remover. This product has been specifically designed to remove sublimation ink from certain surfaces, such as tumblers. Finally, if all else fails, you can try using nail polish remover. However, be sure to use a non-acetone version to avoid damaging the tumbler. With these tips, you’ll have your tumbler back to its original condition in no time!
Tools Require While Removing the Sublimation Ink from Tumbler
- Heat Press Machine
- Sublimation Tumbler
- Sublimation Ink
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Cotton Swab
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Paper Towel
- Plastic Scraper
- Masking Tape
Steps to Remove Sublimation Ink from Tumbler
1. Begin by washing the tumbler with warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
2. Place the tumbler in a container with a 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and water. Allow it to soak for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the tumbler and scrub the area with a soft brush. This should help to remove any residual ink.
4. Rinse the tumbler with warm water.
5. If the ink is still present, use a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol and lightly scrub the area.
6. Rinse the tumbler again and dry it with a soft cloth or paper towel.
Beware of the Things While Removing the Sublimation Ink from Tumbler
1. Do not use abrasive materials such as steel wool, scouring pads, or sandpaper. These materials may cause scratches or damage to the surface of the tumbler.
2. Do not use harsh chemicals or solvents to remove the sublimation ink. These chemicals can cause damage to the surface of the tumbler or create toxic fumes.
3. Do not heat the tumbler or the sublimation ink to remove it. This can cause damage to the tumbler and may melt the ink.
4. Do not use a razor blade or other sharp tools to remove the ink. This can cause damage to the tumbler.
5. Be sure to wear protective gloves, eye protection, and a respirator when removing the sublimation ink.